Tuesday, November 8, 2022

When I voted

 I went to vote just after 11. There was nowhere to park at the High School so I had to park at the Rec Center and walk up the hill.

There was 25 people ahead of me in my line and as many in the other line--determined by alphabetical order of the street where you live.

When I got my ballot, I had to wait a minute or so for an empty voting booth.

When I turned the ballot in (straight Democrat, as you might have guessed!) I asked if the crowd had been this big all day.

The woman at the machine gave me a I loved sticker and said, "Yes, since 6 a.m.!'

Bern voted earlier and told me it had been like that for her.

There was already a line when the poll opened.

People in my district really voted.

Hope you did too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.