Thursday, February 23, 2023

A first Ash Wednesday

Yesterday at Trinity Church, Milton, we did Ash Wednesday with ashes and holy oil and communion around the table where we have Bible study.

People told me it was the first Ash Wednesday service they remember at Trinity.

Bill Starr, who does the wonderful on-line newsletter for Trinity had a special edition today with the Ash Wednesday service as the high-light.

"First Ash Wednesday" shocks me.

Besides Christmas, Easter, Maundy Thursday and Epiphany, I can't think of any Holy Day more important than Ash Wednesday.

So, I am delighted we did it.

And I welcome Lent.

I don't 'give up' anything for Lent.

But I 'take on' something.

This Lent I'm 'taking on' bringing food for the food pantry every week to church.

I'll let you know how I do.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.