Sunday, February 12, 2023

My second favorite priest job

Talked to a young woman today about being married at Trinity, Milton.

She's the daughter of one of our members.

Her 'best friend' and future 'maid of honor' was with her.

I love preaching and celebrating but my two favorite things I do as a priest are baptisms and marriages.

Being involved in such sacred moments in people's lives makes me glad I became a priest.

I don't like funerals, but I feel they are very important.

Saying goodbye is a hard and painful thing and I like to be able to make it more bearable.

But give me baptisms and weddings--in that order.

(What I don't like are 'meetings'--whether vestry or annual meetings. I sort of 'zone out' during those, I hate to admit.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.