Thursday, December 18, 2014

Adios and farewell, my friend

For several hours I've been watching back to back editions of The Cobert Report on Comedy Central. At 11:30 p.m., if I can make it until then, will be the last ever live Report from Steven Colbert.

He has been a constant friend and source of satire (so rare these days) for years now. And now he'll take over for David Letterman on late night TV.

I don't watch an inordinate amount of TV, but whenever I can, I've caught Colbert's show, usually the next day, earlier.

I will miss you, my TV friend. Especially since I don't normally watch 'The Tonight Show'. Will you stay 'in character' for that? How could you?

So, I'll miss that 'character' immensely. I really will.

You taught me how truly 'liberal' I am, using that "L-word" with pride.

Thanks for that and all the laughs. Now I go back to muscle up on your old shows since there won't be any more.

Alas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.