For several hours I've been watching back to back editions of The Cobert Report on Comedy Central. At 11:30 p.m., if I can make it until then, will be the last ever live Report from Steven Colbert.
He has been a constant friend and source of satire (so rare these days) for years now. And now he'll take over for David Letterman on late night TV.
I don't watch an inordinate amount of TV, but whenever I can, I've caught Colbert's show, usually the next day, earlier.
I will miss you, my TV friend. Especially since I don't normally watch 'The Tonight Show'. Will you stay 'in character' for that? How could you?
So, I'll miss that 'character' immensely. I really will.
You taught me how truly 'liberal' I am, using that "L-word" with pride.
Thanks for that and all the laughs. Now I go back to muscle up on your old shows since there won't be any more.
- ► 2017 (248)
- ► 2016 (291)
- ► 2015 (341)
- Trading writers
- Going to Baltimore
- No one ever read this
- Christmas I sermon
- Bo's Gift
- No need to 'dream' of a quiet Christmas
- Christmas traditions
- litter boxes
- My terrible, awful, no-good, unbearable day + Bern...
- OK, I'm man enough to admit it....
- One more thing I don't 'get'
- Adios and farewell, my friend
- It comes too near...what to do?
- Help with New Year's Resolutions
- A little child
- Another Christmas tale...
- Canaan's Dream
- Oh, the things you learn on-line....
- Rainy days
- Remembrance and Support
- Oh no, not giraffes too!
- war on black men
- The forgotten bottle
- The 'normal' normal
- ▼ December (26)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)