Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The forgotten bottle

I was brushing my teeth after lunch (I am a brush and floss fanatic!) when I noticed a huge bottle of Rolaids on our bathroom shelves. It was 120 Rolaids and out of date by 6 months--who knew Rolaids went out of date.

There was a time, several years ago now, when I ate Rolaids like candy and drank that nausea inducing shade of pink Pepto Bismol like water.

I had forgotten about that. And I don't remember when it stopped. When my stomach stopped bothering me.

And I'm clueless about why I stopped needed stomach aides--clean living? I doubt that. Less stress--I'm not sure. Being retired from full time ministry--maybe....

Whatever the reason I haven't taken a Rolaids for years now.

I can probably throw them out, if I knew how since there is lots of stuff about how any kind of medication down the toilet gets in the water supply and stuff in land-fills almost never disintegrates.

But I'm glad, really glad, that I'm stomach distress free these days.

Maybe not 'clean living' but certainly 'living free...."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.