Thursday, June 7, 2018

I'm a lot like that

I looked at my cell phone before going to be (it's 11:04 here on the East Coast) and saw I got a message from A. saying "I'll be 10 minutes late."

She was. Three of us were waiting for her at the Cozy Corner for the Cluster Officers meeting.

What she doesn't get is that I don't carry my cell phone around with me. And  I've been home two hours without looking at it.

For some reason--I think it's because I went to Arizona, but I could be wrong--I don't get emails on my phone anymore. Several people have told me they could fix that but I don't want to. I only want emails on my desktop computer that I only look at once a day.

If you want to contact me, call my home line or send me a letter or drop by.

I look at my cell phone maybe three times a day and almost never have it with me if I'm out.

Why should I?

I'll get your email each evening, when I'm not out of town--then I'll get it when I get home.

Texting is still a mystery to me. I can look at them and reply, but seldom do.

Call my land line, write a letter, drop by.

That's the best I can do for 'being available'.

And I like it like that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.