Monday, June 11, 2018

Laze-ing

One of the best things about being retired--besides reading 5 or 6 books a week--is that I get to 'laze'.

I sleep very well for an aging man--better than I did when I was younger, in fact. But almost as good as sleeping in laze-ing.

I often wake up at 5 a.m. or so to go to the bathroom, but I go right back to sleep until I feel Bern waking up at around 7. Then I sleep again until 8:30 or thereabout. Then I laze.

Laze-ing is my word for just staying in bed, though awake, for another 45 minutes or so.

Bern likes alone time in the morning, so it suits her fine. And I love it.

I'm not trying to go back to sleep, I'm just enjoying being awake in a comfortable bed with my eyes closed, day-dreaming some or remembering something or just laying there.

(I used to have a poster in my office at St. Paul's, New Haven that had a drawing of a easy chair and the words: "Sometimes I sits and thinks. And sometimes I just sits....")

That describes laze-ing. Sometimes I laze and thinks and sometimes I just laze....

Most people I've shared this pleasurable practice with look at me like I'm crazy.

They can't stay a-bed once awake or think it is wasting time or just don't get it in any way.

But I get it. And love it.

I'm an accomplished "laze-er".

I recommend it highly. Try it sometimes, even if you think it's nuts.

I'd like a small community of "Laze-ers" to commiserate with from time to time....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.