Friday, September 27, 2019

long day for Bern

I got up at 5:30 to go to the bathroom--some nights I sleep through, but not always.

When I was back in bed, I felt Bern getting up. I thought she was just going to the bathroom as well, but a few minutes later I looked and the bedroom door was open, the hall light was on and both Bern and Bridget were gone.

Turns out Bridget had been restless--I sleep through that--so Bern let her out in the back yard, made her wait for breakfast and took her on her morning walk earlier than usual.

We were supposed to go see "Downton Abbey" at the movies, but Bern was too tired to go. So, I went alone.

I got back and fed Bridget and went to the store for crab cakes for dinner and then took Bridget out and made dinner (a great salad). Bridget just went out at 9 p.m. for her last pee.

I hope Bern will sleep better tonight. I am a champion sleeper--9 or more hours a night (thought you slept less as you aged)--but Bern doesn't sleep as well.

I handle the trash and recycling and cook every other night and Bern does almost every thing else. She is amazing. She cleans and gardens and pays the bills and I do nothing much but wash my own clothes.

Halloween is a month away, yet our dining room table is full of Halloween stuff for our granddaughters. Bern did it all.

Mostly she does stuff because I can't do it up to her standards--yet I am so lucky to be married to her for 49 years.

She is a dream. She is the love of my life.

Sigh....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.