Thursday, October 12, 2023

Confirmation Sunday

 Trinity, Milton--which is actually in the town limits of Litchfield--which I serve very part time, joined St. Michael's, Litchfield on Sunday for Confirmation.

I presented 3 for confirmation, 2 to be received and 1 to reaffirm her vows.

Both buildings of Trinity would fit inside St. Michael's sanctuary--leaving room for the altar!

Bishop Laura told me before the service that I was in her sermon.

I was nervous since most of my career I have annoyed Bishops.

But it was about serving the outsiders and she told about my work at St. John's in Waterbury with a Soup Kitchen that served 100 or so a day and a food pantry and restrooms open to the homeless.

All in all a good day.

But Trinity's coffee hours are better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.