Saturday, October 7, 2023

I really hate Halloween!

 I hate everything about it.

A block and a half from our house is a house that has 14 huge, scary displays in it's yard.

I wouldn't let my kid Trick or Treat there. If they're that into terror, what might they give children who come to their house==bed bugs, maybe.

My hatred of that night goes back to my early childhood.

My parents would dress me up in a costume and mask.

I was 7 before we knew how near-sighted I was.

Seeing people dressed in scary costumes through the eye holes in my mask freaked me out.

And some people in my day (and probably still) would do bad things to private property if they didn't get enough candy.

Fear and destruction aren't for me.

So, I hate Halloween.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.