Saturday, October 28, 2023

Diocesan Convention

 Friday and Saturday were the dates of the Convention of the Episcopal Church in Connecticut.

I went on Friday since M.C. drove with me.

The Convention bored me nearly to death.

But M. and I left an hour early and had a good dinner together in a restaurant that luckily served wine.

I didn't go today because I would have had to drive since M. had a funeral to preside at and because I felt sick and didn't want to endanger anyone else there with my illness.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Long retired from full-time ministry, I really don't give a s*** about what the Diocese is up to.

And I don't think retired clergy should attend or vote since what will the future have to do with us--as long as no one tries to dismantle the Church Pension Fund!

Shalom and good night....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.