Thursday, July 21, 2022

Fireflies and hummingbirds

 They are two of my favorite creatures, right after all dogs and some cats.

We've had quite a few in our back yard in the past weeks.

The hummingbirds are interested in Bern's flowers.

The fireflies just light up and fly around. I have no idea what they are up to.

I am friends with a couple in Higganum who have hummingbird feeders on their back porch.

I've been there to see dozens of hummingbirds come and go.

Lovely.

I know I've written this before, but I am so repentant for it I'll write it again.

My parents used to let me catch fireflies in our yard and uncle Russel's yard who lived behind us.

I'd put them in a jar with holes punched in the lid and take them to my room when it was time to go to bed.

They would blink as I went to sleep. And in the morning they would all be dead.

I feel so guilty.

I killed lightening bugs, not knowing what I was doing.

It's one of the greatest regrets of my life.

I hope, someday, I can be forgiven by the lightening bug God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.