Friday, July 8, 2022

I talk to the owls

You can't tell Bern this--she thinks I'm a little loony anyway--but I talk to the owls on our deck.

There are two of them. I've named them Oliver and Olivia but I call Oliver "Olli".

They are plastic and meant to scare away squirrels.

But they don't.

I've seen squirrels sitting next to Olli on the banister. 

Olivia used to have wings and sat on a pole in the back yard.

I think the creatures liked her.

When he wings tore, Bern tried to throw her away--but I saved her.

So when I'm out by myself I talk to them.

About the weather, current events, creatures.

They never answer but listen well.

I like them a lot.

Owls are great--even plastic ones.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.