Sunday, July 31, 2022

Hopelessly Right Handed

 I've probably written it before here--who can remember after so many posts-but I am hopelessly right-handed.

When I was a kid, I used to try to be left-handed since I thought it was cool.

Tried to throw a ball, shoot a jump shot, write a sentence, using my left hand.

It all failed.

I have trouble holding the fork in my left hand while I cut my steak with my right hand.

I have trouble holding a Marlboro Red Label in my left hand when I smoke. (Yes, I smoke. I apologize. But I'm 75, can do what I want and I like it!)

After I wash my clothes I have a terrible time buttoning the top button of my shirts over the hanger.

I realized it was when the shirt is on I button the shirts with my right hand, but when they're off, I have to use my left hand.

It's not horrible to be hopelessly right handed.

But I wish it wasn't quite so hopeless.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.