Monday, July 11, 2022

Wellness visit

I had a 'wellness visit' with my doctor today. It took about half and hour.

Most of the time was spent with me answering questions about my health, my well-being, my facilities, my house, stuff like that.

Took my blood pressure, my oxygen level, my temperature--all very good. Listened to my lungs and heart. My weight was 172. Did look to see if my ankles were swollen (they weren't) but that was all the doctor stuff that was done.

Given an appointment for October and a blood draw order, I went to the wine store and then home.

Wasn't what I expected for sure.

A 'wellness visit' is not a complete physical exam.

I'm not sure what it is, except a way to make money.

Is that too harsh?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.