Friday, August 2, 2019

Why is that?

I don't know about you, but my fingernails grow much faster than my toenails. I've been pondering why that is so. More blood to the hands than to the feet? That doesn't make sense.

I've been pondering why my fingernails grow so much faster than my toenails.

I cut my fingernails every 10 days or so. (As I'm typing this, I realize they need cutting now.)

My toenails get cut every 3 or 4 months. Actually I get a pedicure three or four times a year. It is my one giving into needing to be pampered.

The only thing that bothers me is I can't find a nail shop in Cheshire that isn't run by Asians. Having an Asian woman urologist is one thing--even though she looks too much like my daughter-in-law to make it comfortable. But having an Asian woman who barely speaks English wash my feet and cut my nails and pamper me makes me ache about white privilege.

Do your fingernails grow much faster than your toenails?

Do you have any idea why?

Let me know if that's true for you and you know the reason.

Until then, I'll just ponder the whole conundrum.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.