Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Very good news

My optometrist referred me to an opthamologist with dire warnings--probably because a different eye doctor referred me last year and I didn't go. (It was in my records.)

Dr. Ryan's dire warnings--pointing the book I had with me (I always have a book with me) and said, "You'd better go or forget about those!"

So, I went.

She was a tiny woman. After one person put drops in my eyes and 10 minutes later another person took pictures of my eyes in some weird machine, she saw me and told me my macular  degeneration was very, very minor. She actually said 'very' twice! and put me on some vitamins but said there was 'nothing to treat now'.

Bless her little heart!

This is a huge place in Waterbury that doesn't have optometrists--only people who deal with more than basic eye exams.

I whispered to Bern while we were there (she went because I didn't know if I'd be able to see to drive after the exam) "I feel really young in this waiting room."

It was true. Most people there had aides and canes and wheelchairs.

It's good to feel Young and to know I can have books in my life.

Many thanks, God.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.