Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Fear of falling

I have two really bad knees. One (the right) has had all the ligaments repaired. The left is full of arthritis and Lord knows what else. I should probably go have them looked at, but I'm not ready for a knee replacement just yet.

The problem is, not that they hurt--they don't much--but that they seem so unstable and I'm afraid they will fail me and I will fall.

This is what getting older is like--it's always SOMETHING worrying you.

With the snow and ice I really feel unstable.

I wear Copper sleeves on both knees--before Bern bought them for me I was using a cane.

Whenever I go out, I really am afraid of falling.\

Not a good feeling, believe you me.

Alas.

I'll go to the doctor in the Spring, I promise you.

Until then I'll walk tentatively.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.