Sunday, December 8, 2019

What I didn't do

Driving home near noon from Emmanuel, Killingworth, I noticed, out of the corner of my eye, a man in Wallingford, on the side of the road, down on one knee.

And I didn't stop and find out if he was alright.

I was buzzing along listening to NPR and the traffic was heavy.

But I didn't stop.

I was several miles passed him when I decided to turn around and go see how he was.

And I didn't turn around.

I went home.

I didn't stop.

And I will regret not stopping for all my days.

Someone, apparently in need.

And I didn't stop.

My bad.

Shame on me.

I didn't stop.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.