Monday, October 26, 2020

Bern

Her full name is Bernadine Pisano--no middle name.

I met her when I was a senior in high school and she was a freshman. We were in Latin class together.

Amo, Amas, Amat.

From that time on we were a couple. We've known each other for 55 years and have been married for 50 of those.

She is not just 'the love of my life', she is, in many ways--My Life.

We share two children and four granddaughters and more memories (bad and good) than most couples have.

She does most everything around our home. She won't let me near a vacuum cleaner or a lawn mower. All I'm in charge of is trash and recycling.

We do take turns cooking dinner and are on our own for any other meals or snacks.

I do fill the dishwasher every other day and sometimes empty it when it is done.

I wash my own clothes and towels but she washes everything else.

I'm not handy at all, so she does minor repairs.

I've come to trust her, over the years in most every aspect of our shared life.

She asked me to de-clutter my office--a eight by 12 space at the top of our back stairs.

I thought she was being silly--I didn't need to de-clutter!

I filled our entire Cheshire Garbage Can with stuff I threw away.

Bern knows best.

Always has.

Always will.

I love her beyond words, with my whole being....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.