Monday, October 19, 2020

If you haven't already

Vote!!!

Bern and I voted almost two weeks ago, putting our completed ballots in a drop box at town hall.

It is the most important election of our life-times.

So, do what you should do and vote!

I don't care who you vote for (well, obviously from this blog, I do!) but whoever you vote for, vote.

Democracy is based on the full participation of all citizens in elections.

About a dozen states have either passed laws or put roadblocks in the way to suppress voting.

I almost (but not quite) wish I lived in a Red state instead of bright Blue Connecticut so I could vote against the grain.

I've only lived in four states--WV, VA, CT and Mass.

West Virginia is a mess, but CT, VA and MA are, at this point Blue. So was WV when I voted there.

So, I guess I've never experienced living in a political minority. I've liked that, but maybe I missed a challenge that would have made me a better person.

Who knows?

Just this: VOTE!!!

(all opinions here are mine and mine alone)

 

I

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.