Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Lordy, Lordy....

As my Grandmother, Lina Manona Jones, used to say, "Lordy, Lordy!"

Bern has a bee in her bonnet.

She's cleaned out most of our upstairs rooms, throwing God knows what away.

Now she wants to start on my little office.

I finally agreed, making sure I had time to go through stuff first.

I already threw away a huge trash bag full of stuff.

Today I found photos that were 20 years old and I didn't remember taking.

Also, tomorrow I'll get rid of 20 years of tax stuff I don't need to keep--just the last 4 years.

Lots of books too.

Tomorrow, CD's and Video discs I don't need and don't have anything to play them on.

Then I get to papers and writings and stuff.

Lordy, Lordy, that will be a task!

Going through old stuff makes you wash your hands a lot.

I have to admit, though I don't want to, that Bern was right to want to do this.

I may even get rid of my diplomas and ordination certificate and Phi Beta Kappa certificate all of which are framed and on either side of me as I type this.

Time to let the past go. That's what Bern keeps saying.

Perhaps she's right.

But I love disorder and she wants to make it orderly. 

Lordy, Lordy!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.