Monday, November 23, 2020

Being surprised

 Surprised is not enough to gauge what I'm feeling.

Bern asked me, as I've told you before, to clean out my little office so she can re-arrange it.

I have only two more things to go through--a grocery bag full of pages and the files in my file cabinet that I haven't looked at for years.

I started with the file cabinet and found two things I don't remember writing from living New Haven nearly thirty years ago.

One is a novella called The Old Gods Go and a short story called Eliza like a light.

Reading them is like reading what someone else wrote.

How could I have forgotten writing them?

And they are only the first two things our of my file cabinet.

What surprises remain?

What lost words, forgotten words, will I find?

I feel like an out-of-body experience right now.

I'll share some of what I find, digging deeper into the past, here on my blog.

Watch for it.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.