Monday, November 9, 2020

Why would I expect anything different?

 Why would I expect the lame-duck president to act 'presidential'?

 Has he ever?

Why would I expect him to concede defeat and give congratulations to Joe and Kamala? (Be the way, my spell check doesn't recognize the Vice President elect's name yet!!!)

Why would I expect him to co-operate in the transition, which his people are resisting letting the new administration join them to prepare for a new administration?

Why would I expect the president and the president elect to sit in the oval office for a conversation?

Why would I expect him to act in the same way as most every president in history has acted?

Why would I expect anything different than all that has happened in the last 4 years?

Just wishful thinking, I guess....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.