Saturday, October 1, 2022

Halloween

        People are already decorating for Halloween though the date is 30 days away.

    Stuff is going up on Cheshire Green and all up and down Cornwall Avenue.

    I hate Halloween.

    That all started when I was a kid. No one knew until I went to first grade and couldn't see the blackboard, that I was horribly near-sighted.

    So, when my dad would take me out on Halloween, I couldn't see and had on a mask that limited my poor vision.

    The sights and sounds horrified me.

    And the cries of 'Trick or Treat!' made no sense to my young, frightened mind.

    I've modified a bit, but I still don't like it.

    Since we live on a nice street in the historic district we often attract lots of kids and teens.

    Some don't even bother to costume, they just want candy.

    We give it out until there is no more and turn off our porch light. 

    I know some people love Halloween.

    But not me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.