Monday, October 10, 2022

Old friend and older friends

            I got a post card last week from a Credo conference in Roslyn, Virginia from 3 priest friends--Chris, George and Nancy.

    I knew the first two when I was a young priest in West Virginia. They were on the Jr. High Camp team with me and became life-long buddies. (They called me 'Bomber', though I don't remember why.)

    The last was a seminarian in CT years later. An upper middle class woman who would serve upper-middle class parishes after she was through with me in the urban church.

    I've been retired so long I don't really know what Credo stands for anymore--or most Episcopal Church logos.

    They wrote to let me know they were sharing stories about me--Lord help me!

    I wish I could have been there with them.

    Old friends, bookends...whatever that means.

    I love them all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.