Monday, May 11, 2015

Getting older

So, as I'm getting older, I leave notes to myself on my computer, so I don't forget things I should do.

Today, a Monday, I got up and didn't turn on my computer until after 2 p.m. I went to the gym and the store and read the end of one book (One Kick--I recommend it, though it is disturbing on may levels) and started another (Grave Concerns...like the characters am not ready to give a recommendation yet...only 100 pages in) and started my weekly wash.

Well, since I didn't turn on my computer in the a.m., I totally forgot a lunch engagement!

I felt like a total aging, senile idiot.

The person I was supposed to eat with had (of course!!!) already emailed and made it sound like it was a good thing I hadn't showed up anyway.

What a generous response to an aging Hippie whose memory isn't what it once was. (Of course, all us Baby Boomers know the line--"if you remember the 60's you weren't really having fun....")

So, we rescheduled lunch. But I feel like an idiot.

But then, I feel like an idiot a lot of the time.

It keeps me humble.

And I'm proud of my humility.

Ponder that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.