Saturday, October 14, 2017

Here's all I want to say....

As frightened and depressed as I am by President He-Who-Will-Not-Be-Named and as upset as I am by all he is doing to drive wedges and create chaos in our nation and the world--here's all I want to say: I am an American and a patriot and I believe in the deep down goodness of this nation and this people.

I do...in spite of it all.

I still have hope.

I still believe in America.

As much as I disagree with almost everything that's going on and as frightened as it makes me, there is This: I am an American. I have hope. I believe in the goodness and rightness of this country.

I pray that gives me the strength and power to speak out and do whatever I need to do to turn this dark corner into a brighter place.

My son wrote on Facebook (the only time I look is when Josh writes something!!!) that he's been considering whether he and his family should move abroad. Probably Canada or some other English speaking place. I'm not sure he was kidding.

I'm not there--not yet.

I still believe in America.

I still believe we can overcome this dismal time.

I still believe in each of you.

Stand up and speak. Believe. Hope.

If we do that....Well....just maybe....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.