Monday, October 23, 2017

Bela's first letter

Our dog got a letter today.

It was the first letter he ever received and he's 12 years old (84 in human years though I think I heard they changed the 7 year thing).

Bern has four letters and starts with B, so when I glanced at it I thought it must be for her. Then I looked again and it was 'Bela'!

He's gotten post cards from the vet telling him he is due some shot--but this was a letter in an envelope. First one ever for him.

It was from another dog. A dog of a politician.

Politician dogs must be smarter than other dogs because it was from a word processor. Bela can't spell much less type.

I thought it was a little (not much) whimsical. Bern, who hates politicians thought it was cheesy and dumb, plain dumb.

I don't know what Bela thought. I told him he got a letter but he didn't ask me to read it to him and I know he can't read.

You'd think a politician's dog--someone running for office in Cheshire--would know regular dogs can't read. So I guess politicians' dogs aren't that smart after all.

But the typing is impressive....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.