Monday, January 10, 2022

Right now

It's 4:28 on Monday and I can hear Bern down the hall talking on Facetime with our grand-daughter, Elinor. 

They do this Mon/Wed/Fri.

They play with dolls, tell stories, sing songs.

It's wonderful!

I sometimes pop in for a while, but it is THEIR time and I know it.

It's also very cold.

Into the single digits tonight and cold for the next few days.

Tomorrow will be the worst, with a high in the teens.

I hate the cold--as I know you know.

I would want to go south, but this year the weather is so weird that only south Florida would work.

And I hate Florida for many reasons.

I have several doctor's appointments this week.

Not looking forward to that.

It's tough getting older--but way better than the alternative.

That's what I'm thinking about, right now....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.