Friday, January 14, 2022

Central heat

 I grew up until I went to college in a two bedroom apartment over a grocery store with no central heat.

The store kept us relatively warm in the winter with a coat stove we had in the living room and a wood oven in the kitchen.

But when I was 16 the store closed and there were two years of very cold winters.

Our bathroom had no heat, so we bathed in a tub by the coal stove filled with water heated by the stove in the kitchen.

I never lived with central heat until I went to college at WVU and lived in Borman hall.

When I went home on college time off, my parents had moved to Princeton, WV and had central heat.

They waited  for me to leave to get central heat.

I love, love, love central heat.

It's going to be in the single digits tonight but we'll be warm inside.

Cozy and warm.

I told Bern today that one of the things I'm thankful for is central heat.

And I am.

(By the way--over 300 views yesterday along with 159 the day before. You guys and gals are BACK!!! Thanks so much for dropping in to read.)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.