Tuesday, January 4, 2022

The Lights went out...

At 5:35 p.m. our lights went out, computers shut down, clocks got thrown off.

Bern was downstairs in total darkness, but I had a flashlight on the table beside my computer table and went down to her.

They came back about three minutes later, but even three minutes knowing the furnace won't work is frightening in January. 

Darkness is comforting except when it comes suddenly and unexpected.

Then darkness is terrifying.

All is well again, though my computer took a long time getting itself up and on-line.

Maybe that's what death is like.

Darkness that comes unexpectedly and is eternal.

I know I'm a priest, but I still am pondering what death brings.

I should believe in an after-life, I know.

But I'm still an agnostic about all that....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.