We're going to Baltimore tomorrow to have a second Christmas with Josh and Cathy and their three daughters--our granddaughter.
We have to take the dog at 3 to the puppy motel and we'll leave from there. We'll be in Baltimore, with any luck, by a little after 8.
We're taking Auntie Mimi's gifts as well as ours and the trunk of my small car is nearly full. I'd be humiliated by the extravagance of it all if it wasn't for Morgan and Emma and Tegan....
My friend John gave me a laptop when we were in North Carolina last September. I believe I can blog from it and if so, since I'll take it with me, I'll be in touch here. But I can't do email on it because I'm a media idiot and can't figure out how to do that.
I hope Christmas was as mellow and sweet for you and it was for me.
And I hope the year bearing down on us--2014, who could imagine living this long?--brings you joys you didn't expect and wonders you don't deserve and surprises you'll never live up to.
That would be a good year indeed.
Be well and stay well.
- ► 2020 (335)
- ► 2019 (312)
- ► 2018 (248)
- ► 2017 (248)
- ► 2016 (291)
- ► 2015 (341)
- ► 2014 (346)
- Feeling guity about being blessed
- Mellow Christmas
- So forget yesterdays blog....
- A Christmas memory I would rather forget....
- Eve of the Eve
- OK, what's going on...?
- Just wanted to make sure...
- Walking backward through my mind...
- The sweetness of Advent
- I feel like Alice
- "Ordination Accomplished"
- Ordination--next to last
- The Churches I never served...
- Ordination (what is it? 3 or 4?)
- A shocking concept hard to engage meaningfully
- The Ordination--Part Two
- The Ordination--Part One
- Give it a rest, ok?
- two words that make me sad
- Winter is coming
- With great humility and graditude
- The Sound...the very Sound...
- The awful-est person in the world...
- Hats and Scarves
- Thanks to Thanksgiving
- ▼ December (27)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)