I don't deserve to write about Nelson Mandela.
Lots of folks who will write of him in the coming days, don't deserve to either.
Quite frankly, in the time I've been alive--over 6 decades now--no one...and I mean that, NO ONE has done more to promote the dignity of being human and the righteousness of being equal than Nelson Mandela.
I'm sure, in the decades ahead, people will dissect his life and find his clay feet. I'd be disappointed if they didn't--it is the clay feet of heroes that make them really special and truly human--showing that 'truly human' people can make a difference that changes the world in a way that is good.
All that I can say, from the depths of my heart and soul, is that I am both humbled and proud to live out my life in some of the same years that Nelson Mandela lived.
It was a rare and special privilege. Thank you, Nelson, for that.
And may your soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, rest in peace.
You gave the journey grace and love and forgiveness and nobility.....Thank you again.
- ► 2021 (278)
- ► 2020 (335)
- ► 2019 (312)
- ► 2018 (248)
- ► 2017 (248)
- ► 2016 (291)
- ► 2015 (341)
- ► 2014 (346)
- Feeling guity about being blessed
- Mellow Christmas
- So forget yesterdays blog....
- A Christmas memory I would rather forget....
- Eve of the Eve
- OK, what's going on...?
- Just wanted to make sure...
- Walking backward through my mind...
- The sweetness of Advent
- I feel like Alice
- "Ordination Accomplished"
- Ordination--next to last
- The Churches I never served...
- Ordination (what is it? 3 or 4?)
- A shocking concept hard to engage meaningfully
- The Ordination--Part Two
- The Ordination--Part One
- Give it a rest, ok?
- two words that make me sad
- Winter is coming
- With great humility and graditude
- The Sound...the very Sound...
- The awful-est person in the world...
- Hats and Scarves
- Thanks to Thanksgiving
- ▼ December (27)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)