Saturday, February 26, 2022

Cold again

 Yesterday was two inches of snow and then sleet that made everything very slippery.

Today has been cold all day, below freezing.

The cold is back after one great day.

I know I've told you I hate the cold.

I wear three long sleeve layers and my toboggan inside!

Then when I go out I put on a scarf and a heavy winter coat and gloves.

And I'm still cold.

Bern puts two extra blankets on my side of the bed.

She knows how cold I get.

I've tried to remember if I've always been cold. I lived 18 years, until I went to college, in an apartment with a coal stove in the living room and an electric heater in my bedroom.

When I left for college, my parents moved to a much larger town and bought a house (for cash!) with central heating.

I resented that.

So, I guess I always have been cold.

Oh, Spring, I pray for you to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.