Sunday, February 27, 2022

No church today

I wasn't scheduled for church today.

My friend, Steve. was there to do morning prayer.

Someone asked my recently, "how come you're still serving a church when you're retired.

I mumbled something about still having something to give.

Truth is, if I weren't serving a church I'm not sure I'd even go to church!

I'm what's know in CT as a 'PTPIC'.

Which translates as a "part-time Priest in charge".

In that role I only do three Sunday's a month. Today was my off week for February.

And no, I didn't go to church.

Slept in until nearly 9.

Have eaten two good meals.

About to have a glass of white wine.

So, a good day even without church.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.