Sunday, March 13, 2022

Church in Killingworth today

I did the service at Emmanuel, Killingworth today. I served them, as a part of the Middle-Sex Cluster Ministry for almost 7 years. They are without a priest currently and I was supplying on my Sunday off from Trinity, Milton.

I loved the three Cluster churches and hated to leave, but the bishop had new ideas for the churches and I didn't fit into them. He wanted each church to have a part-time priest--at the time I was the only one of three who was paid more than Sunday supply.

It has been over a year since I left, so I don't think I broke a Rubric by going there today. In fact I'm sure.

Charlie Price, my professor of Liturgical Matters at Virginia seminary, told us, "never unknowingly break a rubric."  

Notice, he didn't tell us 'not' to break them, but never 'unknowingly'.

Charlie was a wise man.

It was like a family reunion! People I loved and who loved me were there. Lots of hugs. Great organist. Great coffee-hour.

A homecoming, in a sense.

And I loved it all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.