Friday, March 18, 2022

I sat outside

I sat outside in the Spring-like weather for a long time in one of the Adirondack chairs our friend Hank (now dead) helped Bern build.

With all that's going on in the world, it was a welcomed relief.

I listened to a woodpecker pecking wood for a while.

I heard the birds that are coming back singing.

I watched a squirrel in our back yard for 5 minutes or so until he/she ran off.

I looked at the sky and the kids in the house beyond our back yard playing and two teen girls next door passing a ball back and forth.

Bern and Brigit came out for a while.

Bern and I talked while Brigit ran in the yard.

A good break from what is going on in the world and the worries and anxiety those things call.

I recommend taking time apart to just sit and watch and listen and ponder what you see and hear.

Good for the soul.

Surely good for mine today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.