Tuesday, March 22, 2022

I've been paying attention

I've not watched all of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson's hearing with the Senate, but I've watched quite a bit.

She is gracious, friendly, committed and capital S smart.

If Ted Cruz or Tom Cotton were my Senators, I'd put everything in Bern's name, buy a gun and shoot them.

(Not really, but I find them despicable people. Cruz dragged Critical Race Theory--which is only taught in law school but Republicans across the country are passing laws against it being taught in public schools!--and which, by the way, only looks at our history accurately by assessing racism. Cruz tried to connect Ketanji to the theory--because she's black, I suppose--but failed.

Cotton kept asking her questions about her opinion on such things as should rape and murder and other crimes be more firmly enforced and she kept telling him, gently and politely (which he was not) "Senator, I don't make the laws, you do. It's up to you to make those laws.")

I can't stand how divided and splintered we are as a country.

I want a Congress that calls each other names and then goes out for a drink across party lines.

How did we get here?

I blame Newt Gingrich for starting us down the path to today....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.