Sunday, September 20, 2026

Bad dream

 I was coming, as a priest, to visit a new church. MAL, a friend of many years but now dead, was the retiring priest (she never was a priest.)

We were going to a small morning prayer, but I suggested doing a eucharist and she agreed.

When we got there, the church was packed with people. I was wandering around, amazed by the turnout, when I found myself lying on a table, unable to sit up.

Two folks were there and I begged them to help me stand up for the service but when I tried to touch them my hand went right through them. They weren't real.

I found myself trying to sit up with all my strength and when I woke up I was sitting on the side of our bed, one foot on the floor.

I laid back down and covered up--it was chilly--and tried to figure out my dream.

I feel asleep before I could figure it out....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.