Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Joy and Anguish

 My dentist called and asked if I could come in at 3:30 and get the implant I've been waiting on for months.

I was so happy I got there 20 minutes early!

She fooled around with my space and put the implant in and I was delighted--it felt and looked great!

Then she said, "Jim, I've got some bad news...."

Having a dentist say that is terrifying.

The implant wasn't broad enough to touch both of the teeth on either side so she took it out and sent it to the lab to see if they could fix it a bit.

Just a bit....yet I have to wait another 3 weeks now.

I came home so depressed I burnt the bread in the toaster oven.

I have the gizmo with my fake tooth in now and I'm still in anguish....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.