So, I went to Big Y to order fish and chips for our Anniversary dinner (Bern's choice) and to pick up this great cheese cake with fruit topping for our desert.
The couple in front of me had bags and bags full of stuff. They used a gift card and then nearly $100 in cash to pay.
As the clerk was ringing up my dessert the guy came back and said, "how much?"
She said, "fifteen dollars" and the guy threw a ten and a five on the counter to pay for the cheese cake.
I was so stunned I said, "did he just do that?"
She smiled and said, "happy anniversary".
I had told her when I was checking out and he must have heard.
I rushed to catch up with them and they were out and gone before I could find them.
What astonishing kindness from a total stranger who didn't wait to be thanked.
What a day...in so many ways....
I need to figure out how to pass it on....
We all do....
No comments:
Post a Comment