Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Death takes it's toll

 A.T. died Sunday night.

She was in her 80's (I no longer call that 'old' since I'm 79) and a dear sweet lady.

I only know her from church and visiting her in her home during her last days.

Her son has done a remarkable job of taking care of her.

He would bring her to church and leave her at the front door after saying hello to everyone back there.

She would kiss my cheek and tell me she liked my hair. A lot of people don't like my hair.

C. or someone else would help her up to communion.

She was a bright light, even during her last days.

I gave her communion in her bed, she dipped the wafer in the wine and put it in her mouth.

A few moments later, she said, "I didn't drop it!" and laughed.

Such a kind and humorous soul.

I will miss her.

I pray God welcomed her home....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.