Monday, December 14, 2020

It's over...wait, I said that before...

(all opinions here are mine and mine alone)

Today the electoral college delegates cast their votes--and guess what, Joe Biden won.

Several Republican senators, who hadn't before (including, of all people, Lindsey Graham!) admitted that Joe was the President-elect.

Lord knows, I could be wrong, but I think it is finally, finally over. Republican House members might object to verifying the electors, but they are in a minority and the Republican Senators have more sense than to do that.

I've never lived through an election as divisive and contentious and as threatening to the tenants of democracy as this has been.

And I hope I never do again.

We must turn the page, step ahead, move on...however you want to say it...to a new administration and a new chance to come together in a way we haven't been able to in the last 4 years.

Our way of life and our country depends on us doing that.

So we must. We must.

 

(link to my youtube blog)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.