Thursday, December 3, 2020

About this blog

 All the thoughts and opinions in this blog are mine and mine alone and do not purport to be, in any way, thoughts and opinions of the Episcopal Church.

"Under the Castor Oil Tree" was set up for me while I was still the Rector of St. John's in Waterbury. The tech savvy woman who did it for me included "Fr." in my name. I thought nothing about it at the time, but now realize the "Fr." shouldn't be there because I am writing as an individual and not as a priest.

I'll try to see if my newest tech savvy woman can remove "Fr." from my name.

Being a priest is a tricky business. Priests are also 'people', distinct from their role. And I need to make that clearer in my blog spots.

I know when I get 'political', I run the risk of readers thinking 'these are the opinions of a priest'. I am a priest, but I'm also "Jim Bradley", who just happens to be a priest.

These are Jim's thoughts, not Fr. Jim's thoughts.

Whenever I write about the church (which I do sometimes), even then the opinions and thoughts are Jim's and Jim's alone. I do not want to speak with 'priestly authority' here. I want to speak for myself and for me alone.

I'll try to make that distinction more clearly in blogs to come.

I'll really, really try to do that.

It's just me talkin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.