Friday, December 18, 2020

Overcoming the anxiety

 (all opinions here are mine and mine only)

We went to Costco this week.

I have a Visa card through Costco and every year I get a check back for using it. This year was $268. Next year will be more.

Since this year's check would expire at the end of the year, we went to spend some of it.

I was terrified.

I don't mind going to the super market or the drug store, but the thought of going into a crowded big-box store was messing with my mind.

I don't know when I got anxious about Covid and certainly don't know when that will go away--but it is very real.

We even went the week before but the parking lot was so full I convinced Bern not to go in.

Oh, what a relief that was!

But then I heard on NPR that big-box stores, because of their size and height and ventilation, were safer than most stores.

So we went.

I gave them the check at check out and they gave me the change in cash. I guess you could just go in and cash it.

I'm glad we went. I breathed a little easier.

Joy on The View, said she was 'furious' at people over the virus. And the most of her fury was that everyone wasn't 'furious'.

I agree with her. A mayor in Kansas resigned because she got death threats over a mask mandate.

What is wrong with people?

It's not much to ask: wear a mask, socially distance, wash your hands. I'm furious that people can't do such simple things....

 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdTebleamxYfCasoyjiXB9Y40J4IesPwU==link to my youtube blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.