Saturday, May 1, 2021

This afternoon

I was out on the porch this afternoon and saw a huge-huge mosquito fly by.

Well, not everything about things getting warmer is good.

I also heard a bird call that, though I'm not a good whistler, I got to respond to my whistle three times!

I saw our next door neighbor, Mark, push his bike out in his bike riding gear. 

"Getting ready for the Tour de France?" I asked.

He laughed. "Not nearly," he said, though I know he rides more than 20 miles whenever he goes out.

I talked to Bern about 'ordering out' for dinner since she cleaned the house today and it's her turn to cook.

She said she couldn't think of anything she wanted but had some frozen bean soup from last week.

It was a good meal. Soup, salad, corn muffins and fried zucchini. 

I admired Bern's back yard, so full of flowers and bushes and other plants. Lovely.

The back porch and deck in the Spring is a great place to be.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.