Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Timing is everything

My friend, Mike M., told me in a response to an earlier post that he's glad we're not on Oak Island now.

So am I, Mike.

Florence is coming to land right where Oak Island is, that place I love. I fear for the island we've visited for over 40 years.

I actually thought, earlier, that we would be there this week and was shocked when Bern told me when we'd be leaving. I thought it was the week after Labor Day, not the week of Labor Day.

It sounds like a monster of a storm.

My heart is with Wilmington and Oak Island and Southport--all in grave danger just now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.