Monday, September 28, 2020

I think about dying

 What the pandemic has one to me is make me think about dying.

Not just because I'm over 70 and have had asthma and have both a cardiologist and a cancer doctor, but because I think about dying occasionally anyway.

Scientists have said, recently, that people who die know they are dead for a few minuets before their brain shuts down.

I don't know how I feel about that.

I'm not sure I want to know I'm dead for some moments before I'm really dead.

I want to be cremated. And I was looking at my feet and legs beneath my shorts a few minutes ago, imagining them turning into ashes.

Bleak thoughts, I know, but they are my thoughts and I must be honest about them.

If the president wins re-election, dying wouldn't be the worst thing.

That's how strongly I believe that Biden/Harris must win.

Truly.

Death would not be the worst thing compared to four more years of this....


(all opinions here are mine and mine alone.)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.