Thursday, September 10, 2020

Insects

 How tiny some of them are!

I know whales and elephants and rhinos are much larger than we humans.

But not to the degree that we are to some--most--insects.

I saw a moth outside a few minutes ago that was as small as the white on my thumb.

I make a point not to kill insects--except flies.

But the other day, when I was on the deck reading, a tiny bug, no bigger than a pencil dot, was on my book. I blew it off, but realized it was on the arm of my Adirondack chair and when I put my book down, I killed it.

I felt awful.

I didn't intend to do that.

Tiny things need to be protected and honored--except flies.

I broke my vow to leave them whole.

And who knows how many ants I kill just walking to my car?

We must share the planet with tiny creatures.



link to my youtube blog.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.